Saturday, December 14, 2013

Arduino Mega 2560 destroyed in attempt to do something even young eyes and steady nerves shouldn't probably attempt

Confirmed that the direction pin was not getting a signal for the y motor, it remained 0 while I saw that the x direction pin would be 0 or +5 depending on direction. Instead of just remapping the y direction and moving the connection to a remapped pin, I stupidly try to see if I can remove a solder bridge I am not even sure if I can see. The result is massive solder bridging over many pins and then after giving up and trying again, managed to pull up a trace because of repeated heating and scraping with soldering iron. So that will be another $17 or so dollars to get a new one from Ebay. Disgusted with myself but I will persevere after I can get the money from my wife.

1 comment:

  1. Removing solder bridge is piece of cake if you use solder wick and some flux ...
    Traces can be replaced with thin magnet wire (solder one end to CPU pin, other to via or SMD pad. Lifting the pin off up could help), but decent soldering iron and steady hands are neccessary.

    ReplyDelete