Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Limited success reviving my messed up Arduino Mega

I was wishing I had at least one axis so I could play with pieces of my new Delta 3D Printer to be. So I figured I couldn't hurt my damaged one much more since I deemed it unusable. After playing with the connections and solder sucking and trying to draw extra solder from between the tiny connections it looked better than when I knew I messed it up. So I managed to drill through the melted plastic on the connectors that occured when I was carelessly messing up the pin traces with blobs of solder. Anyways when I tried it, I was surprised to see that I had x and y axes working, the z only partially working. There is a trace that I pulled up I will investigate what that went to and maybe try soldering a single strand if that is for the z axis. So not bad, getting over my frustration and fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment