Sunday, December 15, 2013

Replacing my Arduino Mega

I decided to just buy a new board to be able to move forward and will remember the painful lesson of not trying to do surgery on something I can't see so well even with my large lighted magnifying glass.
the board I am getting is from the same place as the last one I think. It was not too expensive, even for me at just under $17USD, and delivery is expected between Dec 24 and Jan 3. Delivery is free.

MEGA2560 R3 Control Board ATMEGA16U2 For Arduino Compatible USB Cable

Now I can concentrate on the hardware. I am relatively assured that I want to go with a delta printer. I think I can maybe get away with building the hardware from mdf or wood.

I ran across a neat metal delta printer. I'm very excited about the way 3d printing technology is taking off lately. Here is the 3d metal printer Open-source metal 3-D printer - Appropedia: The sustainability wiki.


No comments:

Post a Comment