Sunday, December 8, 2013

Some success with testing

I tried the smoke test last night and was happy that nothing seemed awry. Today I loaded up Arduino and Repetier Firmware (works with Arduino, using a new pde file and controls configuration of the hardware at the lowest level). The Repetier host software that controls the operation of the printer seemed to work for small movements, but the large movements seemed stalled and the small movements seemed too large.
I went into configuration and where the steps/mm were set I changed the 98.something to 10.0. I had much better success with the movements, now 50mm moves worked but were perhaps not quite 50mm. I will have to calibrate now. So the first steps are successful. Now to hook up the heater controls D8-10 and fine.
Then I will be nearly back to where I was when my Reprap motherboard stopped accepting programming commands. I may try to get started with my delta printer hardware now that electronics are solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment